How do Cory cats do with Melafix??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evdanker

Registered Member
Dec 19, 2020
In my earlier comment I gave my experience with Corys and Melafix. After I put the carbon back in the filter, did a water change, and increased the air pump, within an hour nearly all the foam from the Melafix was gone. Five of the Juliis out in the open that I could see had become active again. I don't know that it was the Melafix, but that was the only thing I did different since adding them to the tank. There are also 13 neon tetras in that tank and they didn't seem to be bothered at all. A note: the reason I added the Melafix was the recommendation on the bottle to add it when adding new fish, not because I noticed any stress. I will be very careful with this in the future.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
evdanker, if you have problems please start a new thread. Why were you dosing melafix? Just because they were new fish? Even "natural herbal" treatments can have effects, as you saw. Was this just general a warning?

I think the "start a new thread" button is in the upper right at the top of the forum page. Please tell us all about your tank, size? how long has it been set up, number & species of fish if you have an issue.

Anyway, welcome to AC! We'd love to see pics of your tank if you can. You don't have to have problems to post ;) LOL! We like to see healthy fish too ya know :D

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store