How much should I feed Kuhli loaches in an ADF tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ksteig

Registered Member
Jan 13, 2024
Hi there! Fairly new to aquariums and I just rescued two ADFs from my little niece who had them in her room in a teeny tiny container. I’ve attempted to set up a planted 10g with aqua soil and sand substrate for them. In the 10g I have the two frogs, a few nerite snails, and I impulse bought 3 kuhli loaches today and introduced them. Oops…so far it looks like everyone is getting along.

I have been feeding my ADFs freeze dried blood worms which they’ve done fine with but also just bought some live black worms which they devoured. I have some frozen brine shrimp I was going to try in a dish too at some point.

So here’s my question: I feel like there will be lots of leftover food from the frogs (currently tons of black worms still in there) but I’m trying to understand how I can make sure the loaches get enough food. Will they just be able to eat frog scraps? Do I need to overfeed the frogs slightly? Feed the loaches something specific?

Sorry for the novel just wanted to give the full set up and context! All feedback welcome too on the general set up and approach since I’m learning about all of this! Thanks!!

Annetti

AC Members
Jan 15, 2024
It's great that you're providing a better environment for your ADFs. While the loaches might nibble on leftover frog food, it's best to ensure they get specific sinking pellets or wafers to meet their dietary needs. Monitor their behavior for signs of adequate feeding

Reactions: StripedRaphCat1234$
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store