How much to feed cories?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nterry

AC Members
Dec 10, 2005
Hi,

I have read you are best off feeding cories just be before lights off, but this makes it tricky to tell if they are eating all the food. So how much should I be feeding say 6 adult cories? I am planning on starting out with shrimp pellets by the way? So should it be a half a stick per adult? How can I tell if it is enough (or more likely too much).

Thanks,

Nate

MChambers

AC Members
Jun 5, 2009
Washington DC
Easy to tell if it's too much, because some will be left over. I agree that it is hard to tell with corys, however, since it takes time for them to find the food. I'd start with what you suggest and see how they do. Overfeeding is more of a risk than underfeeding, in my experience.

i feed my fish, including corydoras, typically, once a day, five times a week.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I had to feed my group of emerald corys after lights-out. They knew the routine and would happily start rooting about when I approached the darkened (night-time) tank to drop in some shrimp pellets. I had small pebble natural gravel in that tank, so it was impossible to tell if there was uneaten bits. It's best to have sand substrate for corys, since they'd naturally be sifting through sand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store