I thack my platy fish is pregnant

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Can someone help me plz and tall me if she is pregnant or not.

• Pregnant

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Not pregnant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duane stuermer

AC Members
May 21, 2015
yes she is, and you can tell by the dark area in the posterior of her abdomen.
Here is an example of a gravid swordtail

you can almost see the fry in that dark area.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
In a tank with both sexes it will be difficult (or impossible) to find a Platy that is not ready to have babies.

Reactions: Sploke

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
Not sure what you are asking is ok for a pregnant fish. If you keep the babies in the tank with the adults , most likely they will be eaten since you don't seem to have any hiding places. Some bushy plants might help if you want to save babies.

duane stuermer

AC Members
May 21, 2015
Agree with Blondoa, when I spot a very gravid female live bearer, I usually put her in a separate tank, with lots of plants, so the young can hide.
Even the mother will eat the young if they are too obvious, and can't escape into a tangle of plants.

Jen89

Registered Member
Jun 8, 2015
Not sure what you are asking is ok for a pregnant fish. If you keep the babies in the tank with the adults , most likely they will be eaten since you don't seem to have any hiding places. Some bushy plants might help if you want to save babies.
Her poop is thick and chunky and has black spots in it and she has not have any of her babies yet QUOTE="Jen89, post: 2916487, member: 127920"]Is this normal for a pregnant fish View attachment 215528[/QUOTE]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store