1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Ident. an anemone

Discussion in 'Anemone' started by Moonshadow54, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Moonshadow54

Moonshadow54 AC Members

I have this anemone someone gave me almost 2 years ago. It has since spit out a baby that has grown to the size of the original, about 3" oral disk. They have a long column that is basically white with tan stripes. The thing is I don't have a clue as to what kind of anemones they are. They have a nice tan color on the tentacles and have tiny rings towards the tips. The tips themselves are white dots. They are very healthy and are doing quite well. I have them in two seperate tanks. The original one in my main tank and the other in a 30 gal reef. Any help would be appreciated.

anemone1.JPG

2. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

Andrew
    It is Condylactis gigantea.

3. Moonshadow54

Moonshadow54 AC Members

I wasn't sure. I used to have a Condy but it didn't have the rings or ridges on the tentacles. I think the Condy also had pink or purple tips. Could be though this is just a wierd one.

4. Moonshadow54

Moonshadow54 AC Members

Here is a closer look at the tentacles, if that will help. They have ridges on them and the tips are not bubbled at all, just a small white tip.

tentacles2.JPG

5. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

Andrew
    This particular species is variable and can have striations on the tentacles. They may or may not have pink tips, too.