indoor pond filtration

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ritesh Aukhojee

Registered Member
Apr 24, 2022
Hi lads,
i just built a 2000L indoor pond fr my silver arowana which is currently in a 4 foot growout tank. I do not have much experience with pond filtration. This pond will be stocked with a silver arowana, a cigar shark, a tinfoil barb and maybe 1 or 2 more fish in the future. Can you please tell be how many bioballs i will need if i build a filter using a barrel. Im planning on using a 6000L/H pump. Is the flow rate good enough?

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
i am not sure about your filter design.

i am assuming that you are talking about having a cylindrical upright barrel, perhaps 1 m tall and 1/2 m in diameter, swirling input at the bottom, filled about 1/3 of the height with bioballs floating in the water, with a good air pump to blow bubbles up from the bottom to aerate the water and stir the bioballs. in that case you would need ~1/4 of a cubic meter of bioballs. you need to check with the source of bioballs (or other plastic surface media) to figure out how much that is.

the flow rate is more that adequate (3 water turns per hour) although the actual rate will be a little less because of things like piping resistance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store