Inline pump selection for python

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

maxthedog123

Can't have too many Tiger Barbs...
Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry to bring back an old thread. I asked the same question recently and mgamer pointed me to this one. (http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189706)

I am curious how this works. Do you have to get water down the tube to prime the pump or can you just stick the python in the water and let it bring the water down?

What was the final verdict on the hose size? I see one person saying you need an adapter and one saying it fits?

SMinNC

What you give
Feb 23, 2009
NC
Thanks for bringing this (back) up! I could have used it yesterday. lol

But most likey, going to get one anyway.
I only get about a 1 1/2 ft drop when doing the indoor pond. And the attachment would work great for it!

beginner1946

Registered Member
Jan 2, 2021
Dr. No - exited to hear about the pump you found at Home Depot but the link you supplied no longer works. Can you specify the brand and model of that pump?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Dr. No - exited to hear about the pump you found at Home Depot but the link you supplied no longer works. Can you specify the brand and model of that pump?
Welcome. This is indeed an ancient thread with the most of the members long gone..

Good news is, there's lot of options in terms of hardware for water changes.

What I do with my 75gal tank is gravel vac into a large plastic storage tote. In the tote I run one of those submersible utility pumps you thread a garden hose onto. I run the garden hose out the door and onto the lawn. For refilling, I have another section of hose I thread onto the sink faucet. When I'm done, everything goes back into the tote.

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store