Is it a "BUILD" if there is no actual building involved?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Desertponder

AC Members
Feb 21, 2006
Western Colorado
I like your tank and the way you set it up and landscaped around it.

I have two tanks that size for all of my lilies.
But.........I got mine free.:grinyes: (Ducking......LOL!)
I ran an ad in a local classified paper wanting to buy used large stock tanks. A lady called me and she had three of them that size that I just could have so husband went and got them. One was in pretty bad shape so husband has to do some work to it.

I wish mine were landscaped as nice as yours.:)

I do the stock tanks because I have to rent so I can't have an inground pond. Makes for a portable setup if I have to move.

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Thank you! Digging in the dirt is one of my favorite things to do...

" But.........I got mine free.:grinyes: (Ducking......LOL!)"

Yeah, but you're in cattle country (guessing, as I am sure not ALL of Colorado is cattle country:) )...I live at the edge of the toolies, but on the wrong side of the mountains from cattle country. Out here the largest I could get ahold of without special ordering was maybe 6' across, and even then they looked at me funny when I asked about them. I did find a listing online for a lady in the UK with a couple for cheap, but the shipping would have killed me !!LOL!! Do you have fish in yours? Any trouble with leakage or funk coming off the tubs? I am seriously thinking of getting a few smaller ones to scatter around with just lilies and other water plants,(don't tell my husband!!) but I don't want to pay to have them lined. Do you have power to any of your lily tanks? Like aeration, pumps, any of that...

Come to think of it, Colorado is where my waterlilies came from...getting lots of pads, most of them still way low in the water, but no buds yet :( waiting...waiting...waiting...

Jen

Last edited:

Desertponder

AC Members
Feb 21, 2006
Western Colorado
Yeah, I'm in sort of a cattle/farming area. Not anything like it used to be but still some.
My husband usually solders any pinholes in the tanks and then he sprays undercoating on the outside bottoms of the tanks before we set them up. I don't do much of anything to the insides if they are in good shape. I have one lone koi in the one big tank.
I have some other smaller tanks too but have not set them up this year since I got the two big ones last fall.
Your lilies are probably slow because they are spending their energy establishing their root system rather than on pads and buds but they should come around soon.

This is one of the tanks from earlier in the spring.

These are some of the smaller tanks from last year.

A couple from two years ago.

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
My husband would KILL me....hmmm, wonder if I could fit one in the car and sneak it home without him seeing it...

They are beautiful! Can't wait til my plants get big enough to be that pretty!

Jen

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Well, that SUCKS!!! Just had a huge hail/rain/lightning and thunder storm blow thru, and all my waterlily pads are shredded :(

Fish are tasting everything in sight, though, all the tree bits that blew in...
Sigh...

Jen

erinw621

AC Members
Apr 23, 2009
That is a bummer! Hope everything gets back to normal soon, everything looks great in the pics.

PallasAthena

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Oh, no! I'm so sorry the storms damaged your plants!

Your fish are adorable though. How big are they? They look to be a pretty decent size.

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
The lilies will grow back, it's just frustrating to finally see the pads spreading out, and then in 1/2 hour to be set back two weeks...

The largest, the shubunkins, are about 4" long without tails, the others are maybe 1/2-3/4" smaller. Bigger than I had planned on, actually, but the smaller pond comets were all beat on, missing body parts, with open wounds, and I wasn't prepared to nurse them back to health. Ironic, as Indigo is living in a tub in the rec room, getting fungus medication because she had an injured fin when I brought her home, and it got infected. Spent a hectic evening getting her an inside home for the next few days, but things are looking better, thanks to some good graveyard shift fish docs here on AC :)

Jen

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Is this a fish fry I spy with my little eye?

Short update on my little puddle...plants growing like weeds, lovely green algae starting to drape my fountain, lotta pads on the lilies, but no flowers yet...Indy still in the hospital tank for another week. I am watching her gill cover to see if it is growing back or healed as far as it can go before I ship she and Pearl back outside.

AND...

Is this a fish fry I spy? Doesn't wiggle like a mosquito, but about the same size as when they are wigglers.
IMG_4887-1.JPG
Jen

IMG_4887-1.JPG

Tastey

AC Members
May 29, 2009
YAY! you have babies!!!

I have hundreds of these guys... been taking care of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store