Is my Blue Diamond shrimp (Sapphire Shrimp) sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
I've bred multiple types of shrimp, but this is my first go with Blue Diamond (Sapphire) shrimp. This one female has had what looks to me like a bright almost neon green color under her for almost a week. It doesn't look like eggs to me so I'm worried if it's a bacterial infection that it could spread to the rest of the shrimp :( Anyone see this before?
20160512_104646.jpg

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
She (I think) "seems" to be doing ok. I heard back from the vendor yesterday and they told me it's a fungal infection :(

They suggested I quarantine the effected shrimp in a hospital tank if possible and do a 4 day black out.

I will give that a try and cross my fingers. They've been very helpful and even gave me a full refund on my shrimp order (even though I didn't ask for it) I must say I've been very impressed with customer service I've got from AquaticArts.

I've placed about 5-6 orders from them now (some through Amazon.com and some direct through their website)

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Well, unfortunately the shrimp died over the weekend :( maybe if I had asked it about it sooner and taken action to quarantine and "blackout" perhaps it might have made it.

*Fingers crossed* the rest of the shrimp don't get infected!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store