kribensis ?'s

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
well just got back from pet store, and i ended up getting 2 pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus
they seemed more colorful,. than the kribs, beside the kribs were all male except 1 female and she was hot but tiny,. and had a deformed tail,.. so i figured she was stunted,.. and in a tank with over 20 males, she was in full color,. but will check back when another batch is ready,..

the Pelvicachromis taeniatus were an equal amount of m/f ,.. so i got them,. .

pic later on in the week,..

also scored 2 pair of scarlet bandis,.:woot::dance:

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Congrats on your pickups, dixie. Looking forward to those picks.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
been reading, it seems, Pelvicachromis taeniatus, like softer water where i have read that kribs can handle hard water,..

any one have atake on that?

i have high iron; around 300-450 hardness comming out of my well depending on rainfall and different things,. as tested on my salt water tests kits,.. last year,..

and ph anywhere from 6-6.5 to 7.-7.5 varient at times of the year/rainfall per season,..

am i going to have issues with these guys breeding?
they are about 1-1/2 inches to 2 inches as of now and wee colored good at store but the only qt tank i had open was one with aragonite sand i used for a few snails and a betta,.. i just took down and was going to empty, but filled it with water and put seeded filter in it,..
i have a few plants in there but they seem a bit uneasy with just 4 in there,..lol
there were like 35 in their tank, at store,..

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
found my pelvicachromis pulcher

well went to another pet store today and found a pair of pelvicachromis pulcher,.. these were local to the store and that is why they are nice looking and healthy

they only had the 2,.. they looked ok so i got them,, not sure if they are a mated pair or not,..

put them in my already inhabited qt tank,.. for the other weren't going anywhere anytime soon,.

they settled in fast within minutes they were in full color at least the male was,.. as he was adult size and the female was half grown, or at least not mature as of yet,..
they tried to eat my mts,..lol have at it,.. but the female tried to eat my marisas' eggs,.. so i had to move them to a net breeder,.. perhaps i'll be sorry later on,. but as of now i wanted them to settle in,.. the male made it known to others he was the "cock of the walk",.. and then he claimed the big cave i had in there,........

till....

big mamma, ameca splenden, said get out and stay out,..

he was a we bit stunted by her and decided to stay around the small pleco cave instead,..lol

he still swims around behind her to size her up but she turn right around and says "whats up punk" ,..lol what a hoot,.. keeping and eye on them two,..

the taeniatus,
just seem to be too shy and won't color up,.. so i got a small bag of black gravel to sprinkle on the white sand i have them in for now,..

and they started to feel better and one female colored up,.. and one male a tiny bit better but i still can't get a good pic of these guys they stay back away from the camera,.. as they are juvies still,.. not as forward as the other ,adult pulcher male,..

hope to have more pics later on as they settle in,..

the taeniatus:

100_3577.jpg

100_3582.jpg

100_3604.jpg

100_3631.jpg

100_3632.jpg

pulcher:

100_3622.jpg

100_3623.jpg

100_3630.jpg

100_3618.jpg

peeka boo says the baby long fin pleco,..

lol didn't even see him till i downloaded the pics,..lol

100_3577.jpg 100_3582.jpg 100_3604.jpg 100_3631.jpg 100_3632.jpg 100_3622.jpg 100_3623.jpg 100_3630.jpg 100_3618.jpg

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Beautiful kribs Dixie. How are they doing?. Isn't it about time for some new pics?

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
sadly the femalepulcher was shunned by her man and she wouldn't come out to eat and went mia, so i figure she died and the snails got rid of her,..

and the others have been keeping house but no eggs so far,..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store