Largemouth Bass...can?t unhook!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
DO you plan on starting a tank of Bass!?! They require a LOT of space and are ultra-Aggressive! Not to mention the other issues

mademperor

Go Go Rock Bass!
Jul 5, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Good luck with your bass! I feed mine Rossy reds and Krill and he is doing great =D

Trying to get him to try dry food still lol.

Last edited:

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I've always wanted a native species tank...

sunfish, channel cats and sm bass...

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
yeppers...as mentioned above...the hook (unless it is a lure) will eventually rot out and disovle. the actual hook will disolve and maybe it will spit out the rest of the lure. just open its mouth and cut the line as far down as you can. it will be fine. just don't go in and tugging around it.

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Question: do you have any other fish in the tank?

BTW: I'm in the camp of eating it. :)

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
HOW DID YOU GET IT HOME????

Master Zero

AC Members
Sep 5, 2005
He was in there with three other Sunfish (two of which are babies and one 4-5 inch green sunfish), one Pacu, a Tiger Oscar, an Angel fish, and a Sliver Arowana. They are in a 125 gallon tank, but will soon be upgraded to 300 gallon. Sadly, the Bass did not survive the night… :(

I am not really going for a Bass tank, but I always wanted to have one. I want a rare fish that can’t be brought, and I will try once more on Tuesday. This time a lot of time will be spent on the acclamation process...I am so depress...

Oh, and I got him home in a mini Rubbermaid (not a cooler, but could be used) look a like. Equivalent to a 15+ gallon tank...

Your tank and Bass looks beautiful Mademperor. I wished my Bass had survived. If only...

southpaw

Lefty
Jun 7, 2007
Tennessee

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sadly, the Bass did not survive the night

Hope you didn't eat him then.

IF you decide to catch one from the wild and bring him home...put him in QT for a couple of weeks. Don't mix him with your other fish. You're lucky you didn't loose all your fish...due to an infection, parasite, etc...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store