Largemouth Bass...can?t unhook!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

akryden

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
Good luck with your bass! I feed mine Rossy reds and Krill and he is doing great =D

Trying to get him to try dry food still lol.

what kind of bass is that? it looks like some kind of sunfish/bass hybrid, i only say do to realy dark and the patch of collor on his chin/neck. that isnt something ive seen in 17yrs of bass fishing.

Master Zero

AC Members
Sep 5, 2005
If only you had put him back after you caught it then it probably would have survived
Yes perhaps, then again would it have made a difference if I had brought it from the store? No, don’t think so...but I am sure that every fish you’ve ever brought home are alive and healthy (doesn’t matter how you obtained it), right? Maybe you too should have left those back at the store...if any.

The Angel has been doing great, but I will keep that in mind. I was worried when the Crayfish were still around. They’ve killed all except this last remaining Angel.

southpaw

Lefty
Jun 7, 2007
Tennessee
Yes perhaps, then again would it have made a difference if I had brought it from the store? No, don’t think so...but I am sure that every fish you’ve ever brought home are alive and healthy (doesn’t matter how you obtained it), right? Maybe you too should have left those back at the store...if any.
All I am saying is if you dont have the right tank for a fish regardless of where it came from it is best to leave it where you found it. The fish you had probably lived 1+ year(s) in the wild and it would be very difficult for it to get used to an aquarium. It might be best if you are wanting to keep a bass then get a very small one and a large enough tank that could handle a fish that will most likely reach 5-6lbs. or more when full grown.

mademperor

Go Go Rock Bass!
Jul 5, 2007
Buffalo, NY
what kind of bass is that? it looks like some kind of sunfish/bass hybrid, i only say do to realy dark and the patch of collor on his chin/neck. that isnt something ive seen in 17yrs of bass fishing.
I was told he was a Rock Bass, and from my own research that is what I found. One of the tell-tail signs I guess is the eyes, they are Fire Red with a black line going from top to bottom.

Also to the thread starter. If you are knowledgeable with fish keeping, you can provide a life that is safe and happy for your bass. Keep in mind he is wild, so I suggest feeding live fish/ frozen (krill w/e) and try dry.

Here is another picture.

southpaw

Lefty
Jun 7, 2007
Tennessee
I was told he was a Rock Bass, and from my own research that is what I found. One of the tell-tail signs I guess is the eyes, they are Fire Red with a black line going from top to bottom.

Also to the thread starter. If you are knowledgeable with fish keeping, you can provide a life that is safe and happy for your bass. Keep in mind he is wild, so I suggest feeding live fish/ frozen (krill w/e) and try dry.

Here is another picture.
Looks like what we call down here (Tennessee) a red-eye bass. I catch them all the time in the local creeks around my house.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store