Live stock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
My tank is roughly has a pH of around 6.5. My cherry shrimp do fine and breed like crazy! I have noticed that my Boraras try to eat the shrimplets very often. They will pick them off the glass but even the smallest of shrimp are too large for my tiny fish. I think you may loose a very small number of the newborns to the Boraras, but it make no difference once the shrimp start breeding.

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
its okay, i dont plan to heavily populate my shrimps anyways. I would prefer a small gradual increase instead so i dont mind abit of snacking on the shrimplets (y). And do u think the CRS will thrive in the tank conditions and with those fish (ottos,cardinals,boraras brigittae)?

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
kyhokie- hahahahahahahaha no.
u just dont understand that this isnt overstocking if u put more care into it and it will work out fine.

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Why don't you try aqadvisor.com. It is an online tank stocking calculator and I have found it to be pretty darn accurate.

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
the second stock list is better, just remove the otos since they really enjoy larger groups. I have 4 in my 29 and they always seem to be hanging out or in the same general area. having 2 isn't a large enough group IMO

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
"I like to ask questions of a group of people and then argue with them all over the answers" says this guy...online fish forums LOVE to point out overstocking...yes 1 inch per gallon is bogus...and yes i've got a very happy/healthy/successful 50 that has about 75 inches worth of fish in it...but it has a large footprint per gallon, tons of plants, tons of filtration and well divided fish...that being said...lol...that does sound busy. what about a large school with a couple bigger centerpiece fish? something flashy and expressive...i've always gotten irritated at my tanks that have more than one species of shoaler, i'm much happier with something like a ram, apistogramma, gourami...etc than another smaller school.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
bah...indeed, this may be a risk...most of my "character" fish are prolific eaters...apistogrammas? they tend to be mild

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store