FS Long Fin L144 Blue Eyed Yellow Bristlenose Plecos Shipping/PU NJ

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ariae

AC Members
Dec 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Bump

Still have the ones I picked up this past winter and they're getting pretty big :)

jack straw

AC Members
May 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have a short fin red calico BN in with my African Cichlids now and they are doing very well together, although I have seen my cichlids kill my first short fin BN pleco.

Anyone put these long fin BN plecos in with their cichlids? Any worse than a short fin? I'm wondering if the long fins might tempt the cichlids even more to nip...

Thanks!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I would think the long flowing fins would be an added attraction for the africans. I would not recommend putting them in there.

Scuppers

AC Members
Jan 8, 2010
Oklahoma
They don't need to be in a group at all Scuppers. They are not a schooling fish. One alone will do just fine. What size tank do you have?

PM'd everyone. And thanks!!!:D
Whoops, missed this. I have:

75g community
30g deep Killifish only
20g GBR breeder
20g 'N' grade Endler only
20g long Mountain Minnow only
3 x 10g cycled and on stand-by
5g Endler grow out
1g Endler hatchery

I think it might get "lost" in the community as it is pretty busy in there!

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
What's in the 75G? That would be my initial suggestion. Killies can be pecky towards the fins and GBR's are so territorial when they are breeding. I usually advise people to keep them in a minimum of 29g/30G. So let me know what else is in the 75G. While you probably won't see it for days on end (I have a young one in a 72G alone), it will grow nicely in there.

Scuppers

AC Members
Jan 8, 2010
Oklahoma
What's in the 75G? That would be my initial suggestion. Killies can be pecky towards the fins and GBR's are so territorial when they are breeding. I usually advise people to keep them in a minimum of 29g/30G. So let me know what else is in the 75G. While you probably won't see it for days on end (I have a young one in a 72G alone), it will grow nicely in there.
You are right, I would only put him/her in the 75. So, let's see, inhabitants are multiples of:

SAE
Bronze Cories
Albino Cories
Zebra Danios
Koi Angels (maybe a problem?)
Endlers
Dwarf Gouramis (male only)
GBR (but the mating pair are off to the honeymoon tank this weekend)
Three Spot Gouramis
Clown Loaches
Kissing Gourami
Mollies
Fidler Crabs.

Loads of driftwood, and stones, bottom is a mix of gravel and pebbles. Plant are various Anubias, Java Fern, Wisteria, Lotus and quite a bit of Java Moss.

Check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFfogDr4AOA

The CAE have been removed.

Thanks again for your help.

Ian

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
You're tank is really very, very nice! Looks like you keep it immaculately clean too. Lots of activity. There is nothing in that tank that would compete with the pleco for soft algae and biofilm and you've got plenty of driftwood for the pleco to hang out on. I don't think the angels would create any problems for the pleco.

Scuppers

AC Members
Jan 8, 2010
Oklahoma
Any Available??

You're tank is really very, very nice! Looks like you keep it immaculately clean too. Lots of activity. There is nothing in that tank that would compete with the pleco for soft algae and biofilm and you've got plenty of driftwood for the pleco to hang out on. I don't think the angels would create any problems for the pleco.
Well, thank you muchly, I appreciate your comments.

Soooooooooo, do you have any of the little boooogers available?

No worries if not, I will just check in now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store