Marineland Stealth recall update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

weldon

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
I just exchanged my old stealth 250W. I noticed that my tank temps were dropping to about 68* and figured the heater had failed. I came here to look up what to do if a heater wasn't working and found out about the recall. The manager at Petsmart wasn't sure about it at first, but I showed him some info from this forum and one of the other employees remembered the recall from Feb/Mar. He did a straight no receipt exchange for an Aqueon 250W.

I was actually using this heater in a 29G and kept it around 74*. I got a new Tetra HT30 for that tank, and I'm holding the 250W for a bigger tank that I have in the works. The HT30 is not adjustable and just goes to 78*. I lost 3 of my cardinal tetras overnight. They probably couldn't handle the swing in temperature. The cherry barbs appear to be doing OK and the BN pleco pair and their fry seem fine. Hoping not to lose any more fish during this transition.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Are they still accepting the recalled heaters? Ive removed mine a few months back but never had time to do anything about it...
Yes. email them and they will send you a shipping slip.. I just returned 5 myself

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Confirmed as of today still works. They are sending 4 heaters and then I have to send them back the old 4. My old visi-therm heater has water in the glass and thats a different process (ship them first then recieve new heater). Lifetime warranty!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
bk I got a check in the mail about 4 weeks after I returned the heaters. I had asked for replacement heaters but instead got a check..

I thin it depends on who processes the claim

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
I FINALLY got around to calling them last week and received 8 new visitherms yesterday. I explained that half my heaters were still in tanks, and they offered to ship me the replacement heaters first. They emailed me a fedex return slip.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store