Monstera Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pinkey

AC Members
Nov 16, 2004
Denver
Real Name
Nate
I'm planning my summer upgrades and this year I think I'd like to put a 55g drum as a sump between a 180 and a 125 that will share water. The barrel may go where the plant in the big plastic terra cotta looking pot is now. Both tanks would drain into the barrel where one pump would live that lifts water to both aquariums.

Nearly all the internet searching I've done shows ambitious people with tiny young monstera plants that look very happy. I have found almost no photos of established old plants. I know these things get ginormous and growing them out of most tanks maintains aesthetic proportions similar to RTC's in 30g tanks (which look great for the first 6 weeks).

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with monstera? Are there future headaches I can prevent? Is a 55g forever home enough or am I doomed to some disaster in another 5 years? I'd appreciate any insight you may have. Thank you.

20240208_104201.jpg

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
A friend of mine keeps them.. several years old.

The biggest issue I remember from him is the weight of them above the aquarium and them growing too big tocome out of what is holding them in place

Reactions: Pinkey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store