Moving to the Basement with 180 gallons + 125 gallons + 75 Sump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bigwave

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
More progress is being made. The LED's are all hooked together, and the controller is programmed to turn them on, and ramp up on the schedule I wanted. You can see in the overall picture how each bank is independent. I may add some reds later but for now I think I am done. I just need to hang it and things will be perfect.

LED lit:
Led Lit.jpg
LED Not Lit:
Led Soldered.jpg
Overall Shot:
Led all setup.jpg

Led Lit.jpg Led all setup.jpg Led Soldered.jpg

bigwave

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
you are hired to make some for my 240 lol
Actually it has been surprisingly easy, once I got the parts figured out. It just took some time sitting down and doing it. I have another planted tank I may make a few lights for, and I am tempted to try and take a video of the whole process to show how it works. We will see, that is probably 6 months away before I begin to think about it.

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Lights look awesome !

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
What type of plants can you have with that LED system? Low, Med, Of Hight light plants? Can you send me or can you explain the wiring on it? I see that there's 3 different power supplies. Are they in series? Sorry but I need a light for a 30" high tank that will be planted and want to put med, low or even high light plants but I'm stuck with the decision of what to use for lighting. Is that a giant piece of aluminum heat sink to cool?

More progress is being made. The LED's are all hooked together, and the controller is programmed to turn them on, and ramp up on the schedule I wanted. You can see in the overall picture how each bank is independent. I may add some reds later but for now I think I am done. I just need to hang it and things will be perfect.

LED lit:
View attachment 184164
LED Not Lit:
View attachment 184166
Overall Shot:
View attachment 184165

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
I am actually out in Palmer, but I work in Anchorage. So did you start a thread with pictures of your Frontosa?
I'm breaking down the 150 now, friends mother in law didn't like it.

looking for the 300gal. I sold the fish along with the frontosa so I wouldn't have to put them in my 40B tank.

monicatetra

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
YOUR TANKS ARE SOOOOOO HUGE AND AWSOME :) (makes my 75 I am trying to set up look like nothing) What kind of pump does your sump use?

bigwave

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
NavyScuba:
This should allow me to grow almost anything. The lighting is way over powered and I probably will run it at 50% max. Of course with LED's that just means they will last twice as long before they start to lose intensity.
Here's the link to the planning thread, where I got EXCELLENT help from others on this forum. http://www.aquariacentral.com/forum...-list-for-6-foot-long-planted-tank&highlight=
That thread links to the parts, including the heatsink. And YES, it is a 5 foot long heat sink. I had to show all the guys at work since we had never seen anything quite like it before.
The power supplies are rated to run a certain number of LEDs, in this case 12. The LED's themselves are just wired in series, nothing too fancy. Each power supply get's its own plug into the wall.
It has been a fun build, and not too difficult, if you really want to do one start an advice thread and send me the link to it, we can start some planning for you!

Assassynation:
So does that mean there is a 150 for sale in this area? I don't need one, but I know someone who might!

Monicatetra:
Thanks! I am actually moving from a 75 into the 180. Make the fish look TINY! The sump has a Reeflo Snapper/Dart Hybrid in it. It is awesome, spendy but silent. And thanks for the compliments!

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
Cool Thanks. Might think of it for future project tho.

NavyScuba:
This should allow me to grow almost anything. The lighting is way over powered and I probably will run it at 50% max. Of course with LED's that just means they will last twice as long before they start to lose intensity.
Here's the link to the planning thread, where I got EXCELLENT help from others on this forum. http://www.aquariacentral.com/forum...-list-for-6-foot-long-planted-tank&highlight=
That thread links to the parts, including the heatsink. And YES, it is a 5 foot long heat sink. I had to show all the guys at work since we had never seen anything quite like it before.
The power supplies are rated to run a certain number of LEDs, in this case 12. The LED's themselves are just wired in series, nothing too fancy. Each power supply get's its own plug into the wall.
It has been a fun build, and not too difficult, if you really want to do one start an advice thread and send me the link to it, we can start some planning for you!

Assassynation:
So does that mean there is a 150 for sale in this area? I don't need one, but I know someone who might!

Monicatetra:
Thanks! I am actually moving from a 75 into the 180. Make the fish look TINY! The sump has a Reeflo Snapper/Dart Hybrid in it. It is awesome, spendy but silent. And thanks for the compliments!

bigwave

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
Just a quick shot. Lighting isn't done, but it is close. I have the enclosure for the lights about half done.

Unfinished but getting there.jpg

Unfinished but getting there.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store