My 125 gallon build a.k.a. in the deep end...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I love your stand too, makes me want you to build me a stand,heheh:)

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Wow...

I think you have a career in furniture building if you choose. By the looks of your work, maybe you already do?

Fantastic!

Mark

1cooljeep

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for the kind words. I've done a bit of wood-working in the past, but nothing this big or involved. I guess the 20+ years of watching Norm on New Yankee Workshop weren't a complete waste of time! I've got a reasonable collection of woodworking tools, and managed to borrow the rest. As for making furniture, I'd never make any money at it, this is a slow process (for me at least)! I'll stay at it, might even some day get to the point of filling the tank with water...

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
I was gonna ask if your Swedish, cuz thats a great lookin stand. New Yankee Workshop. Ive seen that show, I love Norms old tools. I come from a long line of Swedish woodworkers, wish I had $ for some wood to build a canopy for my oak 45. Geat job!

1cooljeep

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Dave
Work on the hood continues...

Had to work Saturday, so only did a little work on the hood this weekend. Fitted the ends and the faceframe together, along with some inner mounting bracing. I'll try to get detail shots as things progress. I was anxious to see how it looked perched up on the tank while the tank was on the base. Drawings are one thing, but seeing it in real life is another. Yea, I broke off a drill bit in the R lower corner, but it will get covered with trim...

IMG_0454.jpgIMG_0455.jpg

I also have nearly finalized by decision on lighting. After reviewing all the PAR graphs, I think I'm going with a 60" 4 x 80 Watt retrofit kit. It will have 2 separate ballasts, so I can run it at 160 W initially, then fire up the other two up as the tank matures if needed. I will use pressurized CO2 on the aquarium as well. Hopefully get that ordered this week. Then its filters, heaters, UV, CO2, substrate, plants, fish, supplements...wow

IMG_0454.jpg IMG_0455.jpg

1cooljeep

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Dave
More hood progress...

Things are moving slowly but surely, just need to finish 2 more doors, the top, and the light rack and the hood is done. Here are some quick update shots.

IMG_0463.jpgIMG_0462.jpgIMG_0464.jpgIMG_0461.jpg

Need to get some lights ordered and start thinking about stain and finish.

IMG_0463.jpg IMG_0462.jpg IMG_0464.jpg IMG_0461.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store