my betta is being agressive helpppp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
Look for free or very cheap 10g tanks...but return your neons ASAP. Your current "tank" is really just not big enough for even your betta...I don't believe it's even a 3g. You can & should do better for him alone...Step up your game!! Don't try to justify keeping him in a "lesser" tank. you can & should do better...
i have a spare tank i can move the neons to for now... and wait until the 10g gets here tomorrow. the only problem is i don know what to decorate the 10g with.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I'm a live plant person so I'm going there, lol...after my dinner time, I'm on the US west coast so not likely after your time zone...but I will suggest easy plants tomorrow...What kind of lighting do you have? There are plants for almost any lighting...but your tank is so small...well...we'll help...if we can...

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
Well, I'm a live plant person so I'm going there, lol...after my dinner time, I'm on the US west coast so not likely after your time zone...but I will suggest easy plants tomorrow...What kind of lighting do you have? There are plants for almost any lighting...but your tank is so small...well...we'll help...if we can...
im also on the us west coast :)
i hav ok lighting...i dont have the led lights for tanks specifically but it is ok, i guess. kind of dark in some areas. my main concern is that i will have to do the fertilizer and i heard from a friend that if the plants start dying im going to have a major problem if the bacteria starts going up. also im not sure about how much i have to fertilize them because i spend a lot of time doing stuff besides investing in my fish. also can tetras handle low 80's? my betta seems to enjoy the hotter water.

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
the 10g hadd some problems so i had to take it back :(
so i put in a few more decorations and that has solved the problem...for now
as a backup (and maybe a last resort) i have begun the very painful process of filling up the massive tank i had before for my 5 koi. It is about 66x12x60 (200g) inches so that should be much better if i need to do something like that. the betta isnt nipping anymore, just hanging around the rocks now. if the nipping starts later (hopefully it wont because it will be a lot of pain for me) i will move them (temporaily) to my larger tank. the reason i didnt do it firstoff is because that tank is very painful to water change which i have to do every few weeks. so hopefully they send me a new 10g or something, i started filling it up and it leaked on the bottom...

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
i will start a new thread on tips and ideas for decorating the 10g.

it is underfreshwater topics->general freshwater

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I'm not sure what preserved moss is so without further information about it, I would not use it in an aquarium.

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
I'm not sure what preserved moss is so without further information about it, I would not use it in an aquarium.
preserved moss is natural moss preserved with non-toxic chemicals. the website said it is good to use around people, pets and birds but i dont know if "pets" refers to fish so yea im also asking. just trying to save some money on this as im on a budget rn.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I did a search for preserved moss and what they are saying is the moss has been preserved with some type of chemical agent such as glycerol or other types and it may have a natural food dye to enhance the color.

It is not meant to be submerged in water such as an aquarium as the dye will probably run and who knows what the chemical agent will do.

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
I did a search for preserved moss and what they are saying is the moss has been preserved with some type of chemical agent such as glycerol or other types and it may have a natural food dye to enhance the color.

It is not meant to be submerged in water such as an aquarium as the dye will probably run and who knows what the chemical agent will do.
ok, thanks for letting me know! i havent ordered anything yet so that's good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store