My Betta's tank is being invaded!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I looked in my Betta's 10 gallon tank this morning and I saw teeny tiny little white things on the tank walls that seem to move knida like fleas! What are they, where did they come from and why?! His tank/water is always pristine! He is the only fish in there with some MTS and ramshorns for company. Are they harmful? How do I get rid of them? :help:
Sorry for all the questions! LOL

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I've heard of them before noods. The only thing I can think of is either get a snail or try some shrimp if your betta isn't a terror to pick up on any of the food he might be missing that is establishing in the tank. Any kind of little invaders, I always chalk to over feeding.... being though that this is just a 1 fish tank, I suspect he's not catching all he should....

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
They remind of very tiny fleas, but white. There are a few ramshorn snails (and a butt ton of MTS) in the tank, I do feed him pretty good, but it appears he eats it all. I will do a big WC today and lighten up his feedings a little and see what happens.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Bettas have tiny stomachs, so you don't need to feed him as much as he wants -- they're little pigs that way. :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store