My Pale Starry Night

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sbaraldi

Registered Member
Sep 5, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
I bought a Bleaker (which I think actually looks more like a Polleni) yesterday, and while it was definitely black in the store's tank, after almost 24 hours in my tank, i's definitely brown. it went pale grey as soon as the store salesperson bagged it, due to stress. Which I get, but by now I would have thought it would have turned to back to black. Anyone help me explain this and what I can do about it?

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Patience, and making sure water quality is as good as you can get it is needed here. The older a fish is the more likely that an environment change will take time to adjust to, even if your water is the same as they came from last and there are no issues with ammonia or nitrite.

Help the fish out by sitting quietly by the tank each day. Part of the adjustment it has to go through is getting used to seeing you. It may be colored better when you are out of sight to begin with.

Hendre

AC Members
Sep 7, 2016
What colour is your tank sides and substrate, that could also be a factor.

But as SnakeIce SnakeIce said give it time and good water

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store