My weekend Magnum 350 adventure!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Skippy

Grand Poobah of Fun
Aug 22, 2000
Dallas, TX
web.of.slacking.net
This weekend I confirmed in my mind what type of aquariageek I have become. I was driving with my girlfriend and 2 blocks from a house my mind spotted out that this person had a magnum sitting in thier front lawn in a garage sale.

Turns out that I picked up a Magnum 350 for $15. Only needed one TINY little thing, that magnet on the impeller was cracked and such.

Those are expensive magnets I have found out by the way.

Although a LFS I go to alot and adore (Boutique pets in Dallas) hooked me up with an impeller magnet and all from a 220. Same diameter magnet, but different diameter blades on it. With some work with a dremel tool I retrofitted the 220 magnet onto the 350 shaft and poof everything was working well.

Now to my question on this babbling post... Do you guys think a magnum 350 would be enough to do filtration on a 100 gallon that is heavily planted? (flow half over a biowheel, and half through the c02 reactor for instance??)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store