New Cichlids Dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kristi McGee

AC Members
Aug 28, 2016
The orange blotch is the new fish. The 3 fish picture are my old fish. (The yellow lab is camera shy.) And then there is the overview of my tank, which is a new arrangement. Before there were two piles of rocks with plants interspersed.
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2688.JPG
IMG_2675.JPG

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
1) Always mix anything with water first, and add during water change. Never add anything directly into tank.
2) You should quarantine all fishes before adding into tank, but not everyone has a Q tank.
3) If there was a contaminate in the tank, your original fishes would have died a long time ago.

Kristi McGee

AC Members
Aug 28, 2016
1) Always mix anything with water first, and add during water change. Never add anything directly into tank.
2) You should quarantine all fishes before adding into tank, but not everyone has a Q tank.
3) If there was a contaminate in the tank, your original fishes would have died a long time ago.
Could it be the low KH killing them?

tommy d

AC Members
Sep 6, 2016
North Carolina
Camera Used
Panasonic
I've always had success with the "drip" acclimation process. It takes a bit longer...I do about a 90 minute drip...but its better than floating around in a bag. Hope its helpful

alan01230

AC Members
Oct 3, 2015
You said you had 3 peacocks and 1 lab well in the pic it looks to me like a deep water hap and a giraffe cichlid. I have had very aggressive deep water haps and giraffe cichlids can be terrors. Are your new additions being chased after a few hours?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store