new member, my turtle tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Trixiedbtthisyear

Registered Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi! I'm new here as well! I'm sooo happy that you know the "turtle" rules as to 10 gallons per inch of turtle!

I used to be active on turtle boards but it was too much!

I have a 350 gallon metal "livestock feeder" pond. I have my 2 Male RES & Red Bellied Cooter in there, both 15 years old. I actually came here to ask about sexing guppies and my HUGE "feeder" fish, Goldie. She has now grown to about 6" body and probably just over 2" of a beautiful flownsy tail! She's at least 10 years and is MASSIVE! Beautiful fish! Recently bought some new little goldfish and seems the turtles aren't interested. "Captive turtle llaziness! Lol!

Inside I have a 6 month Concentric female DBT. She will go in the pond probably Spring, she should be big enough then. She is my 5th DBT, they are escape artists. We have the pond now like Fort Knox because of Raccoons snacking on a few before we secured it. Nervous about putting her out, they are notorious attention whores and they'll come up to anything that is seen. I now feed the 2 from where they can't see me. We shall see! Sorry if I rambled on, haven't done turtle talk in awhile!
Oh also, musk's are a shallow water turtle. I wouldn't put them in the mix unless they will be separated. ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store