New to forum - how to sell 16' custom aquarium?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Acrylic Tank

Registered Member
Mar 11, 2024
Hi, I'm new to this forum and joined as i'm looking for some help/direction.

I worked with a company in California several years ago to design and build this 16-foot-long, 750-gallon acrylic aquarium. It is made with 1.25-inch-thick acrylic walls, and measures 180 inches in length, 36 inches in width, and 30 inches in height. The tank is seamless and has an impressive view on all four sides without any supports in the middle of the panoramic view.

We built a premium wooden base which is outfitted with eight steel rolling casters. I need to move the tank out of my shop and am looking for a good home. It's a difficult item to sell (i.e. on-line Kijiji, FB Market place). This is a unique item and one for a very specific buyer.

Thought i would join this forum to seek out any advice or contacts that might be available. It's a real beauty - someone is going to enjoy it very much. Need to find that someone.....

Any help, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Front View.jpg

3:4.jpg

3:4 Long.jpg

Side View.jpg

Front Dims..JPG

Side Dims..JPG

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You might look at our sister site Monster Fish Keepers. They're more likely to roll with that amazing big tank than we are here.

Where in CA are you located?

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Lots of people advertise these sort of aquarium on mfk (monster fish keeper); you will want a local buyer as shipping will be expensive. It is a nice size aquarium but of course the market will be small because not a lot of folks have 16 foot linearly for it. Also management of such an aquarium if planted will be a challenge due to depth; which makes it a better house for salt water or african cichild. The biggest negative is lack of drilling for a sump which both of those group of fishes would prefer.

Acrylic Tank

Registered Member
Mar 11, 2024
You might look at our sister site Monster Fish Keepers. They're more likely to roll with that amazing big tank than we are here.

Where in CA are you located?
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!
I'm located in Niagara Falls

Acrylic Tank

Registered Member
Mar 11, 2024
Lots of people advertise these sort of aquarium on mfk (monster fish keeper); you will want a local buyer as shipping will be expensive. It is a nice size aquarium but of course the market will be small because not a lot of folks have 16 foot linearly for it. Also management of such an aquarium if planted will be a challenge due to depth; which makes it a better house for salt water or african cichild. The biggest negative is lack of drilling for a sump which both of those group of fishes would prefer.
Great insight and advice - thanks so much!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store