Newbie here..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kate Brown

AC Members
Dec 14, 2015
Greensburg, Pa
Hello!

My name is Kate and I am new to the forum. I have had experience of a 10 gallon aquarium for years but never upgraded to a larger sized tank until recently. I also have a smaller pond with a waterfall flowing into a much bigger pond. The larger of the two ponds has about 12 koi.

I just wanted to introduce myself and even though I have some experience, new knowledge is always welcomed! I will have questions and I just want to let everyone know to please respond with kindness. THANK YOU!

Reactions: Lokey96.xD

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Welcome Kate. People here are very knowledgeable and helpful. The question that would have prevented a tank full of dead fish is always a good one to ask.

Reactions: kate Brown

Lady JinglyJones

AC Members
Sep 30, 2015
Coast of Coromandel
Real Name
Emily
Camera Used
Ma Galaxy S4.
Welcome! :)
Whatch'ya got in the upgrade? And how big?

Reactions: kate Brown

kate Brown

AC Members
Dec 14, 2015
Greensburg, Pa
I have recently upgraded from a 10 Gallon tank to a 20 gallon long. I have upgraded to a better filter with some activited carbon. I have a heater in the tank along with a blue led bubbler. Natural rock that I used around my ponds. I have 2 swim thru caves for any of them. I went with the silk plants instead of the plastic ones. I can say I really like the appearance the silk plants give off. I have white aquarium sand which I noticed is hard to keep spotless. .

The fish are as follows: male betta, pleco, 2 blood fin tetras, 3 scissortail rasboras, and a gold Inca snail.

All get along great! The betta tends to himself, but enjoys swimming, he's very active. And I know that their natural habitat is no more than 2 gallons BUT he's the opposite. The tetras swim together. And the scissortails tend to themselves too. Everyone seems to be very happy.

I also have 2 ponds. The smaller one is 3x5 and 2 feet deep currently with no fish, except for maybe a trapdoor snail. There is a waterfall that flows into the bigger pond which measures about 8x8 and almost 3 1/2 deep. I also have a small trench like overflow stream that runs along side the two ponds from the upper pond to the lower. The bottom pond consists of 12 koi. About 8 to 10 of them locally bred and raised, they are about 5 inches long. My prize fish that I absolutely love is my white speckled koi and he or she measures almost a foot long. It's beautiful!

I would like some tips and knowledge on other ponds, what they have experienced and their outcomes as everyone experiences different. But that's my little fish world! Thank you for welcoming me. There's so many fish forums out there, you don't know which one to pick!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name