Otto's and brown alge

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoMoreToys

AC Members
Mar 24, 2011
After I changed my lights to dual T5s I started top get a lot of brown algae. I did some research here and you all said that the ottos are the cats meow (ooh, bad pun). Well the indeed are. After about two weeks two of the little guys all but eradicated the ugly grown stuff. I was getting concerned at first as they didn't go after some thin grassy plants (name escapes me). These guys are awesome, as well as you folks here on the forum. Just thought I would give out a blanket thank you for saving my tank! Every tank needs a few of these water gardeners.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I know, I need to get some for my 72G. I used to have 2 in my 20G. But they died.

1cooljeep

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Dave
I've had 2 of these guys in my 29 for about 6 months. I bought them on the recommendation of my LFS after all my plastic plants and decor got covered with brown gunk. Woke up the next morning and it was shockingly better. And after 3 days it was essentially gone. I love these guys. They're always working on something.

Haileycookie11

AC Members
Sep 4, 2016
Can Ottocinclus survive in a non-planted tank? I LOVE how cute they are and how nibble algae, please reply?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store