Pelvicachromis Taeniatus (New Shots)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
The males are pretty close to 2.5 to 3 inches. Females considerably smaller, I don't think any of the females are over 2 inches. Yeah the patterns are fantastic. Nature never ceases to amaze. :) The two most colorful in the top picture are always hanging about each other. I'm hoping that means they'll pair off.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
What do you keep your tank temp at and what/how often are you feeding? Seems like you should be seeing more pair action by now.

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
What do you keep your tank temp at and what/how often are you feeding? Seems like you should be seeing more pair action by now.
Tank is about 79, on workdays I feed once when I get home and a few hours later I'll toss in a treat. I feed New Life Spectrum cichlid formula, and frozen bloodworms. I also put in a chunk of zucchini for the pleco, but everyone eats off of it. I'm sure they probably are paired, I just haven't been able to sit and watch as often as I would like to really see because I have a 1 year old, a 2.5 year old, a 4 year old and a 5 year old child, and I work M-F. :) I actually need to see who's paired and probably start moving some around. They're currently all in a 29 gallon together. (same footprint as a 20 long) I want to set up a 40 Long or a 55 for them so I can keep two pairs at least.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Looking great Treefork! Those are some beauties, like the scaping in your tank too.

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
You take some great pictures, Joe. The fish are beautiful!

I have that same rock cave in my 29 too. Though I glued some anubias to mine. :)

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Thank you. :) What sort of adhesive did you use to put the plant on the cave? I never thought of that.
Super glue gel, Loctite brand. Is has to be the gel from what I have read. Let it cure for a moment and it's good to go. never had any problems and they even use the stuff to glue corals on rocks it's pretty safe.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Lucky...I have one that my LFS accidentally put in the bag with my p. pulchers and I wants some more lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store