Piranha versus goldie!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
I bet if someone posted a video of RB piranha getting swallowed by a peacock bass or getting torn by a Wolf fish for food, then all the people who own piranhas and feed them live food would start crying a river saying its cruel..etc. I think people put worth on some animals and not other and decide its ok to abuse one and not the other. Truth is a goldfish and a piranha probably both react the same way to pain.

kjenber

AC Members
Jan 8, 2006
MI
I want a wolf fish and a tiger when im sick of my fish. ill get it and maby
ill ceep a RBP for them to eat.
Just sold my vampier tatrassssssssssssssssss and my baracuda 19"tire track
for my RBPS

SwimminglyFishy

AC Members
Jan 19, 2006
While I have my own opinions on this subject, I really think people should either stop posting insulting remarks irrelevant to the point or this thread should be locked. Both sides of this issue could very well be politely debated; however, that is not what's happening in this thread. It is becoming a bunch of personal attacks with very little fact or evidence. Don't want to be an arrogant jerk here, I just think this thread is heading downhill fast. :rolleyes:

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
kjenber said:
I want a wolf fish and a tiger when im sick of my fish. ill get it and maby
ill ceep a RBP for them to eat.
Just sold my vampier tatrassssssssssssssssss and my baracuda 19"tire track
for my RBPS
and i'd say you're a troll. anyone agree with me? he's bull baiting people he knows are in emotional upheaval to get a reaction. sounds like a troll to me!

kreuztraeger

guitaristwithgoldfish
Jun 20, 2006
Flagfish said:
I would've sold that goldfish and made some decent $ off of it! Better than feeding it to pirhanas.

But how can you stand to see that goldfish suffer like that? I couldn't watch more than five seconds of it. That's almost as bad as that "happy slapping" phenomenon that's taken the internet by storm. Sadistic even. :mad:

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Thats horrible, It's bad enuough to own those fish but watching them kill another fish isnt entertaining. I am sorry....

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Lord forbid any of you watch a snake eat a mouse/rat/rabbit, or watch a lizard eat a cricket/mealworm. Its no different with feeder fish. Other fish eat fish, duh get over it. Its part of nature. If you don't like the natural way of things, I suggest you stop keeping fish. Of course you should also take a look at the ingredients in your fish food, theres plenty of fish byproducts in there. How do you think those fish felt getting caught, suffocated out of water, being frozen, and then minced into nice little peices, and your whining about shortening the process? Please.

There are three types of fish, Vegetarians, Omnivores, and Carnivores.

Two of which naturally eat parts of fish or whole fish, dead, alive or minced and baked.

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
Well its also natural for people to get attacked by a bear in the wild so maybe we should start tossing people in bear cages. Hey its natural so if you dont like it, just dont watch the guy get mauled.

NatakuTseng said:
Lord forbid any of you watch a snake eat a mouse/rat/rabbit, or watch a lizard eat a cricket/mealworm. Its no different with feeder fish. Other fish eat fish, duh get over it. Its part of nature. If you don't like the natural way of things, I suggest you stop keeping fish. Of course you should also take a look at the ingredients in your fish food, theres plenty of fish byproducts in there. How do you think those fish felt getting caught, suffocated out of water, being frozen, and then minced into nice little peices, and your whining about shortening the process? Please.

There are three types of fish, Vegetarians, Omnivores, and Carnivores.

Two of which naturally eat parts of fish or whole fish, dead, alive or minced and baked.

Alestro Bakai

Shaman of the Whills
Apr 20, 2006
kreuztraeger said:
But how can you stand to see that goldfish suffer like that?
Are you vegan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store