Planning a mudskipper tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
By saturday I will have my beloved 100g tank back :dance: once i repaint the stand and find a place for it I will be setting it up to house some indian mudskippers. Im pretty excited about this. I found some videos on the internet of someone who setup their tank to have tidal surges mimicking those found in the mudskippers natural habitat (click meh) . Im planning on doing this to my tank. After going through a few oh their videos I managed to find a comment explaining how the tital surge system works. Id like to do that to my tank with a 30g tank or so underneath to raise the water level. I think having alot of plants in the that "sump" tank to use as a nutrient exporter along with mangroves in the sand. Im also thinking that to keep the humidity nice and high Id take an ultrasonic fogger and run a line into the tank and fog it once or twice daily. Will I need a infrared heat bulb like what they use in reptile tanks to keep the land portion at a nice temperature for the skips?

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know if the ultrasonic fogger is a good idea. I've heard that it freaks fish out. I wish I could cite the source for you, but it was something I read, and didn't keep the source in mind because I wasn't planning on using an ultrasonic fogger.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
the fogger wouldnt be inside the tank, itd be underneath with an output hose leading into the tank. like this one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store