I got my dry ferts in today, which I was REALLY looking forward to since my tank has 0 nitrates, 2.0 phosphate - causing a major BGA uproar the last few weeks. The EI method recommended 3/4 tsp about 3x a week of KNO3. When I had about 4oz of water (1cup) I added in and mixed the KNO3, then proceded to test the mixture. The test was about 20ppm..... That seems very low. 72 gallon tank heavily planted will not have enough nitrates with this dosage, even if I doubled it I think. I have actually gained 18 rummynose tetras and 7 angelfish, about 2inch diameter bodies... but that has not helped the nitrates, still 0. (other then those fish, i have 2 full grown bosemani rainbows, 2 large serpae tetra(cant catch to move them), 2 ottos, and 3x 1" cories. :1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp: ...Tomorrow I will bring home a 5gallon bucket of water from a big sump system at the LFS I work at that ocasionally reaches 60-80 nitrates before we water change it. However I need more ideas!