1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

PURIGEN DISASTER

Discussion in 'Freshwater Equipment, Products, & DIY' started by iJohno, Mar 7, 2012.

1. iJohno

iJohno AC Members

Purigen from my corner filter with filter pad and everything leaks and now its EVERYWHERE!! How to clean up? :((

2. steffish

steffish AC Members

[​IMG]

3. discuspaul

discuspaul AC Members

Paul
    What did you put the Purigen in ? Hopefully you didn't place it loose in your filter.
    It must be bagged, in fine mesh bagging - preferably 'the bag' available from Seachem specifically to bag Purigen. Any other bag, and you would likely need to double-bag it to prevent the minute particles from escaping into your tank.

4. iJohno

iJohno AC Members

Guessing it ripped cause when I removed it the filter cap flew off and the bag spilled the purigen everywhere :((( dang it

5. mykidsmylife

mykidsmylife Princess of Peons

Net it out, and vac out what you can. UGH, what a mess. I'm very glad not to be in your place tonight.

On the bright side, you know it's not going to harm the tank much.

6. discuspaul

discuspaul AC Members

Paul
    No real harm done. It will eventually settle down to the substrate and won't do any harm. Check your bag for a tear or rip, and if so, add some more Purigen if need be, and DOUBLE-BAG it.