1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Roseline sharks

Discussion in 'General Freshwater' started by phanmc, Sep 16, 2005.

1. phanmc

phanmc AC Members

I'm now broke after spending close to $150 on 5 roseline sharks, would have bought more but the LFS ran out. Hurts the wallet but they are worth it, they're beautiful and appear to be pretty hardy so far. If anyone was on the fence about getting them, I say go for it. They show no sign of aggression towards my smaller fishes and they ate right away. They're active swimmers that aren't shy and make a great schooling fish for the larger tanks. The LFS did confirm for me that they had seen one that was over 5 inchs long.

Oh, if you're reading this Mooman, know that your constant hyping has finally made me get a pair of apisto cacatuoides. That and the LFS finally had some in stock. :D

2. Holly9937

Holly9937 AC Members

Wow, expensive fish!! Do you have any pics of them? My husband was not happy that I spent forty on 5 clown loaches, 150 might be pushing it!! Do you have gaurantee of any kind on them?

3. FreddytheFish

FreddytheFish Nano-Reefer

Wow, i just did a google image search and those are both beutiful fish! :)
    mind if i ask how much the apisto cacatuoides were?

4. phanmc

phanmc AC Members

My only gaurantee is clean water and a good diet :joke:, plus a one week return policy. I gotta find a camera and wanted to let my plants fill out first but I'll be sure to share in the near future.

The apistos are just juveniles, tiny little things that costs me $7 a piece.

5. Leopardess

Leopardess Everything's eventual.

Puntius denisonii are beautiful fish. I do believe an adult male has the potential to reach 6" or so.

Oliver Knott's award-winning tank uses them as the fishy focal point:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov AC Members

Wow...they are a very nice looking fish but 4" specimens run about $12/piece here. Congratulations on your new aquisition, though.

7. Leopardess

Leopardess Everything's eventual.

Wow, Rask. I've never heard of them being that cheap, let alone a third of that price! Is that at a normal LFS???

8. phanmc

phanmc AC Members

Thanks for making me feel ripped off! :p:

Their prices are dropping as they're becoming more popular and commonplace, but I couldn't wait.

9. Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov AC Members

They're at a place that I like to frequent; a non-chain family-run LFS. The Pet Shanty, if you're ever in the central/north NJ area.

10. Shelzbells

Shelzbells AC Members

Those are so beautiful, they are at the top of my wishlist!!!!! I cant find them nowhere around here, hopefully someday they will be more widespread, and somewhat cheaper :p: