Saltwater Rookie 29 Gallon Stocking Options

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Your right, won't be long I'll be adding some stuff :) thanks for looking.
just in case you took that as an insult, it wasn't meant to be. I can see quite a bit of potential for it.

ChrisK

AC Members
Aug 10, 2008
Sulphur, LA
I've decided which fish I want to go in here. Let Me know what you think, and which order I should add.
Ocellaris Clownfish X2
Lawnmower Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby
Six Line Wrasse
Purple Firefish

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
1. Firefish
2. YWG
3. Blenny
4. Clowns
5. Wrasse

It's a good fish list. My only concern is that 6 fish in a 29 is on the overstocked side and the 6-line can be problematic. I don't think there is a fish that is more hit-or-miss as far as aggression goes than this wrasse. Some say its the best behaved fish they have ever had while others rip there tanks apart just to get them out. I think the aggression issues are more apt to show up in smaller tanks.

If it were me I would cap it at 4 or 5 fish but you have time to work that out yourself as you add each fish. IMO if you are able to keep 6 in the tank, you're going to have to stay on your WC's and feed carefully. Adding a sump and a larger skimmer would be a good idea as well with that many fish.

Also, with the exception of the clowns every fish on your list are well known for being jumpers. Again, this is more apt to happen in a smaller tank where there are less territories.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I've decided which fish I want to go in here. Let Me know what you think, and which order I should add.
Ocellaris Clownfish X2
Lawnmower Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby
Six Line Wrasse
Purple Firefish
I like it. Recommend a lid though. Also, i heard wrasse could be aggressive, but i don't really know much about that...

ChrisK

AC Members
Aug 10, 2008
Sulphur, LA
Rescaped the rocks, and added a pair of clowns, 1 black, 1 orange, and a Yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair. Lights will be in on Tuesday. Here is some new shots.

104_0484.jpg 104_0490.jpg 104_0502.jpg

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
That is a great light fixture your asking about.. I have one myself on my 29G, along with a 2 bulb fixture as well so I have 6 bulbs on my tank. I love the single power cord, 2 built in timers, and moonlights that fixture comes with.

ChrisK

AC Members
Aug 10, 2008
Sulphur, LA
That is a great light fixture your asking about.. I have one myself on my 29G, along with a 2 bulb fixture as well so I have 6 bulbs on my tank. I love the single power cord, 2 built in timers, and moonlights that fixture comes with.
Just got the light in today, and I must say I'm very impressed. Love the timers, single cord and moon lights. This is the 1st t5 ho i've done, as I've always done power compact on my planted tanks, and I'm not diappointed!! Here's a few, the 3rd is the view of the tank from my chair in the living room, the other tank in the shot is my 75 gallon with 4x65 watt coral life Power compact fixture with all 6700k bulbs its amazing how much brighter the 10k/acitinic t5's are. Love the fixture, and I would recommend it to anyone so far lol. 1st shot is the original fixture 2nd shot is the new fixture.

104_0484.jpg 104_0512.jpg 104_0520.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Looks great (both of them)! Glad you went with the Sundial. I really have enjoyed mine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store