Severum cichlids and parrot fish.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spilla2

Registered Member
Feb 10, 2024
I have 4 fishes in my 75g aquarium. 10in green severum, 9 in golden severum, a 8 in parrot fish and another 12 in cichlid which I do not know what breed it is. I have all these 4 for over 5 years. I don't know what happened recently, the parrot fish started to bully green severum and it's scales were a lot ripped and I see lot of scratches on it's body. It was not able to swim straight and I separated it and the next day it died. It was so sad to see the amazing fish die. Now, the parrot fish started to bully golden severum. I can't separate it completely because the fishes are big and the aquarium is small for the fishes. Next day I released the parrot back again with the other fishes again and it started to fight with golden severum again. I fear it might kill golden too. I am not sure how to contain this situation. Any advise would be highly appreciated. I love all the fishes and do not feel like abandoning anyone.

Reactions: StripedRaphCat1234$

StripedRaphCat1234$

AC Members
Jul 24, 2023
Houston, Texas
Real Name
Samuel
Camera Used
IPhone 11 Pro Max
I have 4 fishes in my 75g aquarium. 10in green severum, 9 in golden severum, a 8 in parrot fish and another 12 in cichlid which I do not know what breed it is. I have all these 4 for over 5 years. I don't know what happened recently, the parrot fish started to bully green severum and it's scales were a lot ripped and I see lot of scratches on it's body. It was not able to swim straight and I separated it and the next day it died. It was so sad to see the amazing fish die. Now, the parrot fish started to bully golden severum. I can't separate it completely because the fishes are big and the aquarium is small for the fishes. Next day I released the parrot back again with the other fishes again and it started to fight with golden severum again. I fear it might kill golden too. I am not sure how to contain this situation. Any advise would be highly appreciated. I love all the fishes and do not feel like abandoning anyone.
Sorry this is a bit late, but, honestly, you have too many large fish in too small of a tank. Most of those fish need something a lot larger long term than a 75. The reason you are having aggression is because you don't have a large enough tank for everyone to get away from each other. I feel like for the fish you have, I would suggest something well over the 100 gallon range.

Reactions: fishorama
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store