Snail Only Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
you supplement calcium by putting cuttlebone (like for birds) in the tank with them. The rams eggs take about a week IME, but I only notice the ones laid on the glass. The guppy shouldnt be eating snail babies, especially mystery since they come out larger than say ramshorns

GMYukonon24s

AC Members
Feb 9, 2008
MICHIGAN
As far as cuttlebone I can just go to the bird aisle and I'll see the cuttlebone and just get it that way and put it in the tank? or is there a different way?

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
yep thats it, I just broke it in half and put it in the tank. Its gonna float for a few days but it will sink eventually and give snails extra calcium (used to build hard/full shells)

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Awesome, that sounds about right. It's been over a week since they came in and they've been dropping eggs since day 1 (hell one just laid eggs on one of the mystery snails shells LMFAO). Thanks AA!

Edit: I had planned on selling extras. Hope you don't get angry with me if I do XD

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Lol yea I sent mature ones so they will pop out babies like no other! And nope no problem from me with you selling them, if you dont sell them or feed them to something you will certainly be overrun! I sell on local CL, ebay, and aquabid. Just shipped out 40 of them from ebay today right before I left UCF for the summer. If you need advice on packing them pm me, its simple but doing it the first time deff makes you nervous

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Haha you know me man! I am nervous as all get out about shipping for the first time. I'll get at you about it when the times comes ^^

GMYukonon24s

AC Members
Feb 9, 2008
MICHIGAN
Looks like I'll be heading to a LFS tomorrow than. Thanks for the info. That and I guess I'll just drop my water level.

What about the idea of a filterless tank with snails and just do w/c's?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store