Swim Bladder Infection in Harlequin Rasboras

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZER0SEN

Registered Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hey all,

One of my harlequin rasboras seems to have developed a swim bladder infection over night. He's jetting around the tank, but can't maintain uprightness or buoyancy. He doesn't seem otherwise sick, but I'm not sure.

So, I've been reading up on swim bladder issues, but I can't find anything specific to this breed. Has anyone here had this issue with rasboras before ? Is it something they usually get over in time ?

I am toying with the idea of moving the poor thing into a medical tank while I wait on recovery, so I can observe him and treat him without disturbing my other fish. Is this a worth-while thing to do or would the stress of moving him be too much ?

Thanks for your input !

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
What size is your tank?
Water parameters?
I have a little experience with what I think may have been a swim bladder infection. It was a Betta. It seemed that It helped him float when his fins where :shudder: Bitten off, but anyway...
I will recommend Methylene blue medicine. I also recommend that you don't use it yet.
Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store