Swim bladder issue?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Oiler3535

AC Members
Mar 29, 2015
Renfrew
A few weeks ago I lost 2 of my last three Cherry Barbs. About 4 days apart. Each time the cherry started to hang out on the bottom for a few days, only swimming up for food or if other fish swimming by quickly. When off the bottom, they would sink back down once they stopped actively swimming. After the 2nd cherry died, I watched carefully and tested everything, but no other fish has shown those symptoms and everything else looks good. Any ideas?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
What is the parts per million reading for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate in this tank? What's your water change frequency and volume changed?

Oiler3535

AC Members
Mar 29, 2015
Renfrew
Ammonia just barely non-zero, nitrites 0, nitrates between 10 and 20. Every 2 weeks or so I do a 30L change. However, with the last month of school stress (teacher) and such I had gone about a month between changes. Actually had done a double change about a week before the 1st cherry showed symptoms. Still had good numbers besides the nitrates going down somewhat after the change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store