Sword Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WailuaBoy

AC Members
Aug 10, 2015
IMG_9361.JPG IMG_9361.JPG IMG_9361.JPG IMG_9361.JPG ] I have been raising these fish outdoors and had to do some pond maintenance which required me to drain out. I am temporarily housing these guys indoors and decided to take a few pics. This is a Marigold line but with the fish living outdoors they have been gorging on midgefly larvae AKA bloodworms. I really noticed the fish redden up, I'm pretty sure it's the diet. Enjoy the pics.

Please note this tank is in my garage and outside of the glass is filthy

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Have you done anything to select for quality or appearance? I see some of the males have straight swords, some have curved swords similar to one of the wild species have, and at least one has a sword that is wavy or deformed. I've often looked at swordtails and been disappointed with how crooked their sword and the lines on their body are. Very few domestic strains keep the beauty of the straight lines I've seen on pictures of wild caught fish.

WailuaBoy

AC Members
Aug 10, 2015
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store