Tank stocking suggestions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schapman1886

AC Members
Sep 24, 2010
How would 3 Bolivian Rams, 10 neon tetras or 5-6 Harlequin Rasboras (or equivalent), an angelfish, and a rubberlip/bulldog pleco? Or would that be too much.

I'm figuring;

9" for the rams
10" for the tetras/Rasboras
6" for the Angel - Not sure how to calculate space for an Angel.
10" for the Rubberlip Pleco

Thanks for the suggestions, now I just have to be patient while my tank cycles! It's soooooooooo hard!

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
That would be mostly fine. The rubberlip will only get to 5"-6" inches max and that would take several years to get there. I'd probably opt for 6-7 of one schooling fish, but Angels eat neons (and cardinals) in the wild so I'd opt for the harlequins or something like a black phantom tetra (not nippy and thicker bodied) or black widow tetra. I really like neons, though, so if you drop the angelfish the tank would be good with 10 neons, rubberlip pleco and the bolivian rams. Believe me - the rams have lots of personality - it would not be a dull tank at all! 10 neons add a mess of color.

You could always start with the neon/ram/rubberlip combo and add an angel later if the set-up boors you...but you'd need to rehome the angel or expect the neons to slow "disappear".

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
Boy, my grammar went south on that response...I meant to say you'd need to rehome the neons or they will slowly disappear, especially as the angel matures.

schapman1886

AC Members
Sep 24, 2010
If I were to get three bolivian rams, should I get two females and one male our the other way around? Why should I get three instead of just two? Just curious.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store