The start of my fish room, woot!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

colleen0309

AC Members
Jul 21, 2010
Freedom, NY
Looks like your dream is coming true! Hope it all works out for you. I started a fish room years ago, then I got talked into turning it into a pet shop. Bad idea. All I wanted was the aquariums but everyone said I'd make more money with a pet shop. It opened and closed in less than 2 years. Bad location. Now I've talked the hubby into building me a room to keep my tanks in. I didn't dare call it a fish room. I told him I would take all of the tanks out of the house if he would build me a room to keep them in. Construction started last weekend. When the outside construction is all finished I will be doing the inside. My brother in law asked if I was going to set up another pet shop. Absolutly not! This is just for me to keep and breed the fish I want. If I make a few bucks selling my fry, fine. If I don't, fine. Enjoy your room, I know I will enjoy mine.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
colleen --- Congrats on getting your room started I understand about the pet shop thing, it's a hard location in my area, so I'm starting small with just my fish. Even if I do well I may not even what to deal in with other pet related stuff. But I do know I have to drive over 1-2 hours to get to a pet shop. So it could work out nicely for me.

I just know that I may have to do something else with my life, b/c my job isn't looking to good for me. I work at my local post office, and with all the downsizing I could lose my job, so I figure now is the time to look into something else, and something I enjoy.

We didn't get anything done on the building today, rain started before my hubby got out of bed (works nights) But I did get my sign almost done. I say almost b/c I may re do somethings to it..

DSCF1516.jpg

I think I'll paint over the angelfish to the left and right and just leave the one in the middle. I may add some smaller schooling fish in to fill up the empty space. May work on the GBRs too.

DSCF1516.jpg

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
This is great! There's not a mom & pop within an hour's drive from me, so I wish more people would turn their hobby into a small business. It may be a bad location but at least you won't be paying rent and the other overhead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store