1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Thinkin' about a paludarium thingy

Discussion in 'Terrariums, Paludariums and Vivariums' started by boosh96, Feb 20, 2012.

1. boosh96

boosh96 AC Members

I have a 55 gallon tank lying around, so I've been thinking about making a paludarium thingy out of it. And I don't have much knowledge of paludariums and all that good stuff, so I was wondering if you all could provide advice for making a land/water paludarium setup? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Metaframe junky

Roy
    honestly ask question and do you research Vivarium forums has alot of good info about paludariums.

3. RazzleFish

RazzleFish AC Members

How you construct the tank will depend greatly on what you plan on keeping in it. If you have a species in mind and/or a look you are trying to achive, that would help us greatly in coming up with a design that you can build off of.

4. boosh96

boosh96 AC Members

If it helps at all, I was wanting to create a continent/region-themed setup, like with only species from Madagascar OR mainland Africa OR only species from, say, Southeast Asia, ya know what I mean?

5. boosh96

boosh96 AC Members

Could someone give me some options for animals that can live in a mainland Africa-themed paludarium setup? I am currently toying with a number of different ideas, but I wanted to see what you all thought?

6. RazzleFish

RazzleFish AC Members

What you're thinking of is a biotope setup. I've never tried one but as long as you choose an area that has fairly common species it shouldn't be hard to do.