1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about convertin my 240 salt tank to a freshwater tank

Discussion in 'General Freshwater' started by marinerules, Jan 1, 2006.

1. marinerules

marinerules AC Members

Dec 11, 2005
    I have been a big fan of saltwater aquariums now for about 4 years and have kept several successful,

but I was thinking about converting my 240 gallon tank to a freshwater tank ,

Some of the reasons i was thinking about doing this is becasue with freshwater you can generally have more fish in the aquarium .

The fish usually arent as expensive as marine fish tend to be.

I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank right now with a emperor 400 filter and a millenium 3000 filter, and I have that aquastone marine sand ( its for freshwater, not calcium based ) that is white , and its PRETTY and it stays clean , unlike I would have though , it also stays white.

I was thinking about keeping a stingray , the petstore says they can get me in a brown sting ray with dark brown spots , that is about 4 inches wide,

Are stingrays very active?

i also wanted to keep some other fish

maybe some tiger barbs, guppies, gouramis, a ropfish definatly, and maybe some other things

what kind of filtration would I need to have on my 240 gallon tank to support a system like this
  2. patoloco

patoloco De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu

Oct 20, 2005