This guy has mouth stuck open and swollen, Breathing heavily. Any clue as to what can be done? :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pearlgirl

Registered Member
Apr 28, 2020
I’m saying only it could be possible what your fish has maybe forcing the mouth open from the inside where it’s not visible to you. It’s worth a try medical relief. I’ve read fish can go without eating for 10 or so.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I’m saying only it could be possible what your fish has maybe forcing the mouth open from the inside where it’s not visible to you. It’s worth a try medical relief. I’ve read fish can go without eating for 10 or so.
Healthy fish can go months without foods and fish like OP has should be relieved of its suffering. So it should be euthanised.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
What’s the status of your fish with mouth stuck open? I see that no one offered info on humane euthanasia, at least I didn’t see that if they did. I think there’s info on humane euthanasia on this site, maybe on this thread category. It’s been a while since I’ve been on this forum, but I have experience with that. I see this post ended in January, so I guess the issue is over by now, one way or another. So sorry for your difficulty for the little guy.

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store