Thoughts on this?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tjg2007

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
I lost my Oscar last night so now I have the 125 gallon tank he was in sitting there with just a gold spot pleco in it. I also have a 75 gallon tank with a Texas, green terror, and electric blue acara cichlids in it. Now I am thinking I would like to get 7 more EBAs and put all 8 of them in the 125 with the pleco and some sort of dither fish but not sure what type or how many. Any thoughts?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Hmm, I'm not sure a 75g is big enough for a Texas & a green terror but I haven't kept either (since they need lots of tank space). Are they adult size yet?

I loved our (regular) blue acaras but IMO they're not really a schooling/group fish. A pair will likely form & probably more than 1 pair...As fairly "mellow" as they are for medium sized cichlids, they still need territories. Our acaras bred every 4 weeks or more often...& then what will you do? Even allowing for some or a lot of fry predation, there WILL be a survivor or more.

Think hard!! We had giant danios with Jack Dempseys. We thought they were gradually getting eaten, but when we moved there were several dried out danio jerky behind & under the stand. I wouldn't try any dither under 4 inches....

Do more research...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store