Thoughts/opinions on Fluval 306

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ina1032

AC Members
Jun 12, 2008
I've got my 55g FW placed. 2 bags of EcoComplete spread out over a layer of medium sized polished gravel, so about 3 inches of substrate down total. And I have water in the tank. And that's it.

Thinking about my next purchase....I think I've decided to go to the dark side and try a canister filter instead of the trusty HOB. So, what do you all think about a Fluval 306? Rated for up to 70gph. It'll be a hefty price tag that I'll have to save up for, but I want to make sure I am making a good purchase.

Side note: Still haven't decided what kind of fish I'll put in it yet. Those will come much later after I get the plants in, which I need to decide on next. I am NOT doing CO2, so I need to figure out what kind of lighting to get since the existing fixtures act like they are on their last leg.

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
I have the 406 and l think it does a great job. One drawback, it is extremely heavy when full of water; probably the 306 wouldn't weigh quite as much. Today was the first 3 month maintenance I have done on this filter, and I had one small problem which I just posted in the equipment board, but basically I think it is a very good filter. I use it in conjunction with an AquaClear 70 HOB filter and my water stays crystal clear.

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
yeah i have a fluval 405 which basically the same as the 406. the fluval range are awesome

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store