Updating Stock Lists all Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I currently have 3 tanks set up that are mine and there's 1 that isn't mine. I haven't really posted in awhile on here, been busy with work and such. I have a 20L, 20H and a 37g.

here's the 37g, yes I know it is over stocked. Filter/s Cascade 300(new) and Marineland 200(4-5 yr old filter)
3 young angels, 1 Blue Blushing, 1 black and 1 Redhead Koi (when they get bigger and a pair forms, giving the 3rd to my dad)
3-5 assorted tetras, glow lights and Blue Emperor Tetras
4 Amano Shrimp
1 swordtail (had more, but they just seem to die off expect the one)
1 Male Betta, Yes I know not a good fish to keep with angels, but I been watching them carefully, he's been in the tank for 3 months now. Bothers no one.

20g Standard, Filter: AC 50
Pearl Gourami pair, male/female
12-15 Neon Tetras
4 Corydoras, 1 Albino, 1 Green and 2 Peppered (replaced a male BN that had died)
2 Loaches, 1 Kuhli Loach(tried to get more, none of the stores carry them) and 1 hillstream

20g Long, Filter: AC 70 (from 37g)
Blue Paradise Gourami
8 Barbs, 4 Tiger, 3 Green Tiger and 1 Odessa. They school together
1 female Adult BN Pleco

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Sounds like nice setups. Stocking levels look fine to me, other than the blue gourami might need something bigger eventually? Maybe not. I've never had issues with a male betta in a community setting. They seem to love the room. My only issue with them is they tend to over-eat when you feed the crowd. (no way to feed them individually)

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The Blue Gourami is a Paradise Fish/Gourami. He's blue but with a red tail and they grow to about 3-4 inches. He's a very calm fish, at the store he was trying to kill another paradise that was in another tank.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Trying to kill another fish does not sound calm,lol. The only thing I can see that is wrong is that your cory population is looking a bit low, I think that 2 more would be a nice addition.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have 2 loaches in the same tank as the cories... there were 5 cories, one died. I don't want to add any more fish to my 20H as these cories get 3".

The Paradise Gourami is a male and the other one in the other tank(at the LFS) was also male, like bettas, the males will fight so they have to be kept by themselves or kept in a pair or as a single centerpiece. He is now calm and leaves my barbs alone.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Evil...the paradise will get territorial to.their own kind. Most gouramis do, yet they are so slow moving that they can't really do much damage. The stocks look fine to me.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I want to add more fish to my 20L but I can't think what to add... My cories I had in there had died, no idea why. But the BN is thriving and is quite fat. Everytime I look up I see about 1-2 fish then when I feed.. all fish appear. What else can I put with barbs? I know they can be nasty. I was looking at pencilfish or a more slightly aggressive tetra that'll thrive with barbs, but colorful.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Evil...the paradise will get territorial to.their own kind. Most gouramis do, yet they are so slow moving that they can't really do much damage. The stocks look fine to me.
Yes I know that they are a relative of the betta and they are aggressive and I was making a joke so I put lol.
If you want a tankmate for the TB then I have heard that neon tetras somehow go well with them. I only heard it form somewhere so you might wanna do some research before you do anything.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have 15 Neons in my 20H and they might be chased around by the barbs. I'm currently searching on different types of fish for the 20L and think its long enough for Danios or Rasboras to be happy.

Wizard I do know what I'm doing.. been in this hobby for a very long time. I made mistakes in the past with Tiger Barbs by keeping them with an Angel, never doing that again. Sometimes its live and learn.

I'm now thinking or either Pearl Danios, Diamond Tetras, Candy cane Tetras, Cochu Blue Tetra, Leopard Danios, Zebra Danios, Marble Hatchets, Glowlight Danios(not the GLO FISH) or the Harlequin Rasbora(I love these fish). Which fish from this list would be fine with the Paradise and barbs?

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I wouldn't put the rasboras with the barbs, in my experience they behave more like neons and would likely get chased or nipped by the barbs. The zebra/leopard danios would be a good option, a small school of six wouldn't make you too overstocked. But if you were to add something like marble hatchets that get about 2" at adult size and a school of six, you would be overstocked, IMO.

If you do go with danios, make sure you get a good size school as they can be nippy and I'd worry about the paradise's fins. I had a customer that refused to listen to me and only bought two danios to go with her angel fish, she came back two days later to return them and yell at me (cuz you know I didn't inform her correctly, SMH) that they were destroying her angel fish's fins. This happened a lot, but with proper schooling numbers, just like barbs, they aren't as nippy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store