Updating Stock Lists all Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Surprisingly the Barbs don't even nip the Paradise, even though his fins are long. I can get away with slightly overstocking the tank, as the tank is way over filtered with an AC 70.

I might go with Danios and I do know they are a nippy fish like barbs are. I like the Leopard Danios a bit more then Zebras, but mix the two types. I might do about 8-10 danios.

When I used to work at a pet store, I had costumers buy Tiger barbs only 1-2 to go with angels, I warn them that they will nip the angel's fins, I know this cause I did this a few years ago and almost lost my angel. I even seen Tetras nip fins.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I went to the LFS(Petsmart) to look at what Danios they had. They only have the Zebras and the store was doing a sale. 5 for $4 so I ended up with 5 Long Fin Zebras and 5 Zebras, one died in the bag as soon as I got home.. That happens with big box stores. So I have 9 Danios and I also ended up buying 3 Mondo Grass plants.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Agreed, the Mondo grass likes its roots wet, but leaves out of the water. When I worked there I hated that we were supposed to have the mondo grass in the plant tank, so I moved it to the tank with the firebellies. In my experience it will live maybe up to 3 months fully submerged. I think they just recently changed the labelling on the tube plants to say "semi-aquatic" but the writing is pretty small.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Have you any driftwood that won't sink? If so then you could maybe drill a hole in it and have it float around like a little boat :D

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I am a little concerned about one dying in the bag. I've never had that happen with danios from PetSmart. Since I worked at a PS for 6 years, I bought a lot of fish from there. But I know that some are worse than others. . . I'd watch them very closely, as I'm sure you know to do.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I too have never had PetSmart fish die in the bag. 1-7 days later? Many.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store