Vortex filters

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bill Jennings

Registered Member
Jan 14, 2024
Hi folks,
I've run into a problem with my Vortex filter. I love my filter, only problem is finding the diatom powder. Tried two kinds and they didn't do the trick. Glugged up after a few minutes. Any help out there?

AquaGuy07

Registered Member
Jan 14, 2024
Any pool supply place. Used to use Vortex quite a lot. I wish they made an upgraded modern version, but they don’t appear to be in business anymore. The powder is called diatomaceous earth.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yes, pool supply stores! Leslie's had it last time I was there (ok, a few years ago). The bag even looked the same black & white design.

I have to say I'm not a Vortex filter fan but my husband is! We had 1 40+ years ago & I could not get it started (small thumbs? little patience). An old timer club friend gave his newer Vortex to my husband...but it needs new hoses & has different instructions...maybe someday...

Annetti

AC Members
Jan 15, 2024
Consider trying different diatom powders or checking the compatibility of the ones you've used. Experiment to find the most effective option for your Vortex filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store