Wanna watch me tear this tank apart?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PufferCorps

AC Members
Jul 21, 2016
hayward
www.pufferfishrescue.org
Real Name
peggy thomas
Camera Used
LG cell
I've gotten the front tank dissembled and labeled all the parts. I'm soooooooo glad I took the Monster guys advise to replace the bottomAug3.jpg Aug32016.jpg , instead of just pond armoring and sealing it. Check out the dry rot.
There was places were the old silicone hardened and it was super tight getting the blade in between the glass and the bottom. I'm afraid i chipped it slightly. Thats not good, is it?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
get some close up pics of the chip and back a ways so we can see what it mates up to.

Reactions: PufferCorps

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Until it cleans up a bit more, it's hard to say, but doesn't appear that bad. Can you lay the section on it's side and maybe let some acetone soak into it?

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Acetone evaporates so fast I'd be worried more about your health and anything else in the same space. If you use it do it outside or in a well ventilated space isolated from your other tanks. It shouldn't be a problem residually because it evaporates so fast.

PufferCorps

AC Members
Jul 21, 2016
hayward
www.pufferfishrescue.org
Real Name
peggy thomas
Camera Used
LG cell
Acetone evaporates so fast I'd be worried more about your health and anything else in the same space. If you use it do it outside or in a well ventilated space isolated from your other tanks. It shouldn't be a problem residually because it evaporates so fast.
Thanks!
I have all windows and doors open with a nice late summer breeze flowing through here, and using Krudd Kutter. Its sposed to be safe to use on food preparation tools.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store